Search This Blog

How do I link my AdSense account to Google Analytics?

To start receiving data from AdSense within your Google Analytics account, you must first choose an Analytics account to link AdSense to, and then make sure that both AdSense and Google Analytics code is on your webpages.*

To start linking accounts, look in your AdSense account for the link inviting you to integrate your accounts. This link appears on both the Home Overview page and the Performance reports tab.

When you click the link, you'll be asked to create a new Analytics account, or indicate an existing Analytics account to link to.

Please note that to link to an existing Analytics account, your AdSense login must be an Administrator on that Analytics account. In other words, your AdSense login must work for your Analytics account as well before you can link to it. Learn troubleshooting tips if you're unable to link to your existing Analytics account.

If you have multiple Analytics accounts, be sure you know the name of the account you want to link to (as listed on the Analytics accounts Overview page) so that you can select that account during linking.

When you are done linking, you'll need to make sure that you are using Analytics tracking code on all of your webpages using AdSense. Learn more about the code you'll need on your pages.

Scenarios for linking AdSense to Analytics
1) I don't have a Google Analytics account to link to.

2) I have an existing Analytics account with only one profile.

3) I have an existing Analytics account and want to link my AdSense account to multiple profiles.

4) I have an Analytics account and want to link my AdSense account to multiple domains.

5) I have more than one Analytics account I want to link to.

Answers

1) I don't have a Google Analytics account to link to.

On the 'Getting Started' page, you're prompted to select either 'Create my free Google Analytics account' or 'I already have a Google Analytics account. Please link it to this AdSense account.' Select the first option. Click 'Continue.' Follow the set-up wizard to create a new Google Analytics account and link it to your AdSense account.


2) I have an existing Analytics account with only one profile.

This is the simplest case which requires a one-click linking process.

    On the 'Getting Started' page, you're prompted to select either 'Create my free Google Analytics account' or 'I already have a Google Analytics account. Please link it to this AdSense account.' Select the second option. Click 'Continue.'
    At Step 1, you'll see a confirmation message listing the Analytics account and profile you've linked your AdSense account to. No code changes are needed.
    Click 'Finish.'



3) I have an existing Analytics account and want to link my AdSense account to multiple profiles.

    On the 'Getting Started' page, you're prompted to select either 'Create my free Google Analytics account' or 'I already have a Google Analytics account. Please link it to this AdSense account.' Select the second option. Click 'Continue.'
    At Step 1, select the profiles you want to link to. Click 'Continue.'
    Select your primary domain. Click 'Continue' to finish. No code changes are necessary in this scenario as well. If you have multiple domains you want to link to, please read Scenario 3.



4) I have an existing Analytics account and want to link my AdSense account to multiple domains.

This scenario is for people who want to track more than one website in their Google Analytics account. For each website, you may have one or more profile assigned to it.

    On the 'Getting Started' page, you're prompted to select either 'Create my free Google Analytics account' or 'I already have a Google Analytics account. Please link it to this AdSense account.' Select the second option. Click 'Continue.'
    At Step 1, select the profiles you want to link to. Click 'Continue.'
    Step 2 asks you to select a primary domain. Designate one of your websites as the primary domain. The primary domain requires no code changes, so if you have a site that's large, complex, or difficult to update the code for, that would typically be the site you should designate as your primary domain. Profiles for your other non-primary domains will require a modification to the tracking code.
    In Step 3, you'll see that there are no code changes required for your primary domain. For all other non-primary domains, there is an extra code snippet, the AdSense Analytics Code, to add. The AdSense Analytics Code should be added to the top of any non-primary website that contains your AdSense ads.
    Click 'Continue' to finish.



5) I have more than one Analytics account I want to link to.

You can only link one AdSense account to one Google Analytics account at this time.

0 Your Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pageviews

free counters

Share it